frequently asked questions
Below you'll find questions + answers that will help you before, during and after your experience of working with us.
Before The Session
I always recommend to book your session 1-3 months out in advance. This will give you more dates to choose from and ample amount of time to plan for the session.
I requine a 30% retainer fee to secure your booking, the remaining 70% is due one week before your session.
This comes down to your personal style, I have clients who wear anything from nice jeans to a fairy tale like dress to thier show clothing. I suggest something nice, this is a photo shoot that you are paying good money for you want to look your sunday's best as they say. I am also always estatic to help pick out outfits and send inspriation outfits to you to help you decide. Planning a session and all the little details is so much fun for me and I want it to be fun for you too. I am always here to help you!
YES!!! I love doing a bunch of sessions at the same barn in one day! It is a great way to meet everyone and thier horses! It is also so much fun for everyone and can be a great bonding moment for all the boarders. Plus when there are multiple people who book on the same day at the same barn, I offer special percentages off of your session!
Yes, I understand the weather can be very unpredicable at times. I allow two session reschedules in general cause things happen. The perfect weather to shoot in is partly cloudy.
Do not worry! With my creative eye I can find spots through out the property that will be perfect for photos. It is one of my favorite challges to photography, How do you make a so so area look amazing.
That is your preferance, I suggest it but if you typically don't have your nails done then don't do them but I do highly suggest to make sure yourt hands look the best since I will take close head shots with your horse
I would always bring a few outfits, more then what the sesion calls for. You never know what could happen! It would be a shame to get green slim all over the only outfit you brought right before the session started. Also bring your horse's favorite treats, and a towel to clean your horse's face.
Day of the Session
I always say, "Treat this session as if your going to the biggest horse show of your life" Your horse and tack should look thier best. You should look your best! Allow a decent amount of time the day of the session to groom your horse and then have time to get yourself ready.
I always highly recommend it, especially for my seniors. This is a big deal, you are getting pictures with your bestest equine friend, you want to look your best, plus who doesn't like getting a little pampered. You can either hire someone to come out to the barn to do your hair and make up or make an appointment about 3 hours before the session. You want to give yourself enough time.
Having an extra pair of hands is super helpful. It will make the session run smoother since they can be the ear attention getter or the green slim muzzle cleaner. Plus having someone you know with you during the session helps add more fun to it.
Your preferance!! Bring both and make sure they are clean!!
Yes!! I would lunge your horse for a decent amount of time. You want them to be calm and their attention on you during the session. This will be a new experiance for them so you want them to be calm. If you have a very hot horse please contact me for more options or suggestions.
This is up to you! Hoof polish and having the horse braided does create a very pristine look to your horse but it is not for everyone.
After the Session
It will typically take me 3-4 weeks to completely finish your gallery, it can be less during the slower times of the year and a little more during the busy months! Most clients will see a few preview throught social media with your permission.
Yes! After your session we will set up a time to either meet in person and go over your gallery or chat on the phone and build your product collection. I offer tons of awesome high quality products.
Of course and feel free to tag Lynn Rose Equines in them!!!! Each package no matter which one comes with social media digital downloads. Download your favorite images and share with all your friends/followers/family.
My packages come with Social Media Digitals. These are for social media only. I offer High Resolution Digitals to purc hase after your session but most clients end up earning them from the wall art and albums they buy.